Emory’s on Silver Lake was first opened Emory and Molly Cole in October of 1994, in a new building on the shore of Silver Lake. The property was previously the “Silver Beach Resort,” a private park dating back to the early 1930’s. In early November 2009, Emory & Molly had just returned from a trip to Europe to find the restaurant fully engulfed in flames and being fought by several battalions from the Everett Fire Department. The building and twenty years of effort became a total loss in front of their eyes.
Emory & Molly Cole rebuilt the restaurant in a beautiful new ‘lodge style’ designed by local architect Fred Baxter to create a relaxed neighborhood establishment for more frequent visits, and to help guests feel like they are at home with friends. Emory’s on Silver Lake reopened in November 2010.